Inspired by the amazing exhibiton of maquettes on Clive Hicks-Jenkins blog and Chloe Redfern's horses on her blog I found a pattern on the internet for a jointed paper doll. (The pattern I used was from here. I printed it onto some sturdy watercolour paper.) On the weekend the granddaughters and I had a lovely time colouring the dolls and giving them some hair. They did the colouring, I did the cutting out and they managed the little brass split pins after I made the holes with a big needle. We had a lot of fun! I think we'll try these again, perhaps with paints next time to get darker colours, and some paper clothes.
I have added more letters to my alphabet over on ALaW blog. There are some amazing artworks being made. Do go and have a look. I have really enjoyed making these little stitched pieces. Now I have to work out how to put them all together!