I have finished my heavily stitched piece of linen. I have attached it to a piece of blue/green shot cotton and am trying to work out a way of framing it. It may come off the cotton if I find a better way to display it. I started from the middle point of the square and just kept adding stitches in a way that felt right to me. It is all straight stitches and a few thread 'beads' a la Jude. I did mark a few of the squares and circles as I went just to keep it neat. Probably too neat!! I used six different colours because that's what I had!
We have been having some very hot weather and these horses were enjoying a swim the other morning. If you click to enlarge the photo you may just be able to see a dolphin out to sea to the left of the man on the left.
A few months ago there was some yarn bombing in our area with lots of posts and rails covered in knitting and crochet. Most of it has now disappeared or disintegrated with the weather and the salt air. This morning I noticed how the rusty cables have dyed the faded wool.
I have nearly finished my Kantha piece (at long last!) I trimmed the backing fabric, folded the front fabric to the back and am now stitching the last few rounds of stitches.