Sunday, November 27, 2011

Travellers Blanket

I have joined Dianne Cevaal's Travellers' Blanket online workshop. I have dyed my fabrics and made up the 'blanket'.  I am now choosing lots of different fabrics that relate to the beach and the environment where I live. These pieces will be appliqued onto the blanket and lots of embroidery stitches added. The whole piece is to tell a story of my travels (not necessarily long distance travel but my daily walks in this area). I think it will be a slow process and something to work on over the hot summer. Not a very interesting photo but this is the top fabric which we folded and then dyed to get the lines. Small pieces of fabric will be appliqued in the squares.



The weather has been cold and windy, the only person on the beach this morning was this horse rider braving a walk in the sea.

No comments:

Post a Comment