Monday, October 25, 2010

An '0' birthday!

It's been a while since I posted but I've been away again. A significant birthday prompted a trip to Uluru (Ayers Rock), somewhere I've always wanted to go. It certainly lived up to all my expectations! Awesome, inspiring and quite surreal!  Nearby Kata Tjuta (the Olgas) was equally fascinating. We did two big walks, one around the base of Uluru and one though Kata Tjuta. It has been raining up there recently so it was green, with lots of wildflowers. The resort we stayed in was like an oasis in the desert - beautiful and so relaxing!

So, not a lot of stitching has been done lately!!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Deb! What an amazing place to visit too! I never did make it there while I lived in Oz, but it always looks so awe inspiring. I hope you had a lovely day, whatever number might be attached to the 0!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kerri. Unfortunately it was a six, but I figure every birthday is a bonus when you get to my age! For me life just gets better and better!

    ReplyDelete