Sunday, April 7, 2013

Circus

Our latest challenge for Stitching Across the Ditch (12 x9) was CIRCUS. I had some cuttings from an old magazine of some posters that I thought were interesting and after a bit of searching on Google I was able to determine that they were old Polish circus posters. I really liked the contortionist and used her as inspiration for my little quilt. I added star sequins to add to the spotlight feel of the circus.


At the moment I am holidaying in a lovely little town on the Yorke Peninsular called Moonta. Our caravan is parked right by the seafront and this is our view every morning. The sun is just coming up and the clouds disappeared a short time later. We have walked the length of the jetty several times!



1 comment:

  1. The shot across the beach is wonderful - it's just got me yearning for the sea now...

    ReplyDelete