Sunday, January 6, 2013

Time flies!

It's been a month since my last post! Christmas, New Year, visitors, babysitting, gardening, extreme weather (45C the other day and more to come!) - it's amazing how the time flies! 
I have been making some little hexagon needle books as a gift for the participants in a workshop I'm teaching in March. Fussy cutting the front hexagon and choosing a matching fabric for the back was a lot of fun. You can find the pattern here. I modified the pattern slightly by making it a bit smaller (1 1/4 inch hexagon instead of 1 1/2 inches), using only one page for the needles and adding a ribbon loop. I also found it easier to stitch the front and back hexagons to a larger piece of felt and then trim them carefully. 



At the Quilt Show in November a friend and I bought some lovely fine cotton lawn(?) from the Material Obsession stall and we each made a scarf using four different pieces of fabric. Now we are going to stitch it to death Kantha style! I have made a start.


 And some exciting news (for me!) I am going to the USA in July with 5 friends. We are going to Eugene first to stay with one of my friend's sister, then to Black Butte to stay and attend the Sisters Outdoor Quilt Show and then onto Seattle for a few days. Should be fun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment