Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Finished

I have finished my heavily stitched piece of linen. I have attached it to a piece of blue/green shot cotton and am trying to work out a way of framing it. It may come off the cotton if I find a better way to display it. I started from the middle point of the square and just kept adding stitches in a way that felt right to me. It is all straight stitches and a few thread 'beads' a la Jude. I did mark a few of the squares and circles as I went just to keep it neat. Probably too neat!! I used six different colours because that's what I had!





We have been having some very hot weather and these horses were enjoying a swim the other morning. If you click to enlarge the photo you may just be able to see a dolphin out to sea to the left of the man on the left.


And some trees on the beach!!



1 comment: