Tuesday, December 14, 2010

found and stitched




It's been a while since I posted. No excuses, just busy with life.
I have been making some little lavender sachets which I hope to sell, otherwise they will be gifts for friends. They are fun to make and I like choosing a button to go with each one.
I have also been working on a piece for 'found-stitched-dyed'. I found a small tablecloth in an op shop. It was dirty and stained but washed up well. I've started stitching in the heart shapes along the edge and would like to fill the whole cloth with stitch. However, I'm liking the white on white so much that I don't know if I'll get to the dyeing stage!

4 comments:

  1. Your little lavender bags are lovely Deb! I'm loving the white on white stitching too. Gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kerri, I do enjoy making them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great find Deb! It's really difficult to decide what to do with it, by giving it a second life just stitches, just white .... cutting ..... ;-(
    (alwyas good to have some give-aways at hand )
    Sorry about your camera, but what a view is Uluru !!!! That must be something ! Magic too !
    b.t.w how is your leafy family ???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Deb. The lavender sachets are really sweet. I think white on white is gorgeous and would look fab as it is, but colour is lovely too. A bit of a dilemma for you..haha.

    Have a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete